Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The babies snot is a sherbert/key lime pie-tinted green these days. We all trekked to the doctor yesterday and she informed me that they both have ear infections and Abe in particular has got a bit of a "rattle" when she put that freakishly cold stethoscope on his chest. So, now we are armed with some antibiotics. Initially, I just thought I was lucky enough to have them both teething at once...alas, only when the stars align perfectly am I blessed with such a treat! However, they both started getting coughs which isn't the normal fare for a teether. We leave go to NC for a wedding on Thursday when Mike gets home, so you know we are already starting to get our gear together (YEAH...sure we are.). Grandma and Granddad are going to meet us there and graciously be our babysitters while we go have a "grown-up" night. I just hope I can remember not to break into any kids songs and remember how to have an adult conversation. In Abe news, he responded to twinkle twinkle little star(there I go with the kid's songs) by raising up his arm yesterday. At first, I thought it was a fluke, but he kept doing it. Later, when I tried to do it, he acted like "i'm not a trained monkey, mother dearest!" and just grinned at me. It's the first time he's really mimicked something, I've done, so needless to say I was excited. Besides mouth sounds, Trey's first thing I really remember was saying "bye-bye". We were at thanksgiving in VA and he just started waving. It's so great that Abe's starting to be at that stage. Let the fun begin(or I guess I should say, continue).

No comments: