Monday, May 01, 2006

grrrr

i must apologize for the delay in the blog. I'm having serious problems posting pictures and what is a good blog without pictures?? I will say that Abe is successfully walking now...he sure took his sweet time! He's definitely covered in scrapes and bruises from all of his attempts...as I write this he has a ever-growing goliath knot right between his eyebrows. Not quite sure how that happened. Usually I don't hear anything, then I hear a *thump* and then a wail and then there is a bruise. This may sound cliche, but "I can't take my eyes off of him for a second!" He also has roseola right now. at least I think he does. I pretty much self-diagnosed it from what I've read on every dr. site online. fever/ irratibility/loss of appetite for a few days, then a rash and upper-resp. congestion...that's our Abe....plus you can see two little teeth razoring their way through on his lower gums. Poor buddy. Trey is doin well now too. What is it with illnesses lately? He had some not-fun scalp issues that I took him to the dermatologist for. The cream she gave us is really working now and it is starting to look like a normal head. We had to shave his hair off to get to the problem though, so he is pretty bald right now. Everyone says he looks just like Mike, which I think he secretly likes. I wish I had some pictures on here. I also have some of Abe walking...it was just like everyone said...when he started, he just went...I will try to post some again after I write this. As much as I try to embrace technology, sometimes it really pushes my buttons! As I'm writing this, I realize that I need to take more pictures and plan more fun things for the boys to do. Mostly we have just been playing at the mall or outside lately...we got a pool which Trey loved doing his version of a cannonball ...basically putting one foot in not so solidly so that he plops down and makes a big splash. He loves to be surprised... one of the several differences between him and Abe...don't make a loud mechanical noise unless you want Abe to get freaked out instantly. In other news, we have been doing a lot of packing lately. For those of you that don't know, we are planning to move at the end of June(when Mike finishes his Masters degree). Where? Bowling Green, KY of course! It's been a ton of deliberation and prayer and we are just going to trust our instincts(which seem to be hurling us up there). It's so much harder to make these decisions now that we have little boys in tow. They are our most important consideration and we obviously cannot forsee the absolute future, so we are trying not to put undue pressure on ourselves about our decision. God will take care of us, wherever we are and they will be happy because we love them more than anything. Anyhow, keep us and our babies in your prayers as we attempt this little transition! Off to play with Trey(who is playing the harmonica right now while tapping his little feet).

No comments: