Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Elmo told me to do it!


Hello to all... Well, this past weekend, Mike and I took Trey to see Elmo and the cast of Sesame Street do their thing at the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center. Here are some photos of the stage and a very enthralled Trey. I'm so torn when we go to these things. I sort of want to watch the characters(which must seem so bizarre and real to a child), but I am compelled to keep checking Trey's face to see what he finds neat or terrifying or boring. When the show started, Trey couldn't have been more excited and of course I got my share of goosebumps(I don't know why I always get so emotional at these kinds of things...I guess it's the kind of things I couldn't wait to do with my own kids, so I get kind of caught up in the moment). During one of the songs, the ever-famous, giant, purple "count" came down into the audience. We were on the very end so we could have reached out and given the beloved Sesame veteran a high-5 or tripped him if we were so inclined to ruin the fun. When Trey saw that he was coming close, he got a look which was somewhat hard to read. It said, "Yesss!!! He's coming over here to me!" and amazingly enough, it could have also said, "get away, you evil vampire!" It's like he didn't know weather or not to let the "stranger anxiety" of a toddler kick in...after all, he does come to our house every day at 10 a.m. We actually left about 10 minutes early because the novelty of it had well worn off for Trey(He was actually saying "go? go?"). Well, today is library day again. Our adventure there starts at 10(for Abe) and 11(for Trey). Yesterday was the "long day" with Mike at night class, so we went to the pool for a while and in the evening went down to the delicious PF Changs. After that, we went and played at the play area in the mall where Trey wanted to "spin"(aka make himself so dizzy he can't stand up anymore) on top of a very high climbing figure(a big newsreporter's hat). Once my heart stopped coding, I let him run around and say his "goodbyes" before we left. There are a couple of other pictures I put on here. One is of a damp checkbook which Trey dutifully put in the "kink"(his word for sink). I've been asking him to put his dirty cups in there when he finishes his milk and he loves doing it, so I guess I probably should expect to find more than just cups from time to time. After we found it floating in the greasy pan, Mike said "the funny thing is, you probably thanked him for doing it". After hearing the "klunk" in the "kink", I probably did tell him what a good boy he was for putting things away. All laundry sorters will appreciate the other picture posted here....it is a testament of the mystery of socks. Where do they go? This image is of the "hopefully-they-will-turn-up-in-a-later-load" unmatched socks. I bet there is some kind of thrifty craft which would put these leftovers to use, but I've already tried the sock puppet thing.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww how cute!! im sitting here with your mom right now and she told me to go here so now im really excited that i can keep contact with yall and watch my little cousins grow up over the internet!! hehe! well neway i just thought i would say hey! and give trey and abe a hug and kiss for me!! i heard yall might move up here maybe next year! and im really excited!! well i hope to see yall sometime soon! hopefully before christmas! neway love you all ton!! ~whit

Joel and Suze said...

Hey! How's Florida? It's cold in Illinois!! Are you using your new photo books and repeating 'Aunt Suze, Aunt Suze'? I expect big things from my brilliant great nephews! After all, they ARE my favorite great nephews!! Great place for the checkbook....greasy pot. And make a long snake with the socks! Find a really long one and keep stuffing the 'lost' ones in it. Just sew the end shut. This way if the mate shows up, you still have it!
Love you all!!
Aunt Suze