Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Here are the halloween costume pictures!! As you can see, we opted for the store-bought ease. We've known that Abe was going to be Yoda basically since he was born. His wrinkly newborn face always seemed to resemble the old jedi(I guess most mothers could say that about their newborns....although, maybe we are the only one's who openly embrace the idea).

Trey's costume is another story. For any of you that know anything about Dora the Explorer, I was intending on making a "Swiper" costume("Sewing for dummies" style). However, due to equal parts procrastination and having absolutely no time anyway, I only achieved the initial cutting-the-pieces-of-fabric chore. My sewing machine still sits covered in dust(and good intentions) in the closet. So, no big deal...we let Trey pick out his costume and of course he loves the ever-popular, ever-commercialized(not to say I don't love him) Elmo (I was cookie monster when I was his age, so we'll just say he's carrying on the Sesame tradition) . So far the thing has been more fun for him to carry around than to wear. He was excited to climb inside at first and then, I think the bizzare notion of being inside of Elmo started to sink in. He couldn't evacuate soon enough, so I stuffed it with some blankets to make him less flimsy(note the last picture of Trey handing Elmo the frisbee). In one of the pictures, you can see how interested Vegas(our dog) is in the costume.


My brother and his lovely, new wife Sarah haven't been represented on here yet, so I thought I'd put one of them with Abe(and their dog, Marley)



There are some other random pictures on here of everyday goings-on. There is a picture at the mall where we attempt to let Trey play on the figures without having heart attacks when he falls.

In one picture, Abe is learning the basics of drumming with Nonna and then there is another one where Trey, Abe and Vegas reveled in the blanket I laid down on the floor(what a novel idea! Why didn't I think of covering this hard pergo sooner?)


Well, that is all for now. I want to take this opportunity to apologize for my rampant use of Elipses ( ). It's my favorite way to talk, I suppose (in tangents...there I go again!!) and I'm sure not the easiest way to read. Anyhow, I'm not saying it's going to stop (you'll just have to fish through them :)).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy trick or treat day to my little Elmo and Yoda, wish you could come by Grandma's house for a little treat!! We love you, see you in less than 2 weeks.

Trey & Abe's Grandma