Saturday, October 22, 2005

the life and times


Mike is home today for our undeserved hurricane day. The day is so nice, I couldn't make it any prettier. Currently, he is feeding Abe some baby food out of a jar...of course, I pushed for the real stuff like moms often do("why don't you just mash up a real banana?") To this question, I got the typical dad resistance("dad's do jar food" translated "dad's do the easiest thing"). As long as he's feeding him, i'm not complaining. I'm putting some pictures on here from our recent trip to VA. As you can see, we stayed pretty busy. We went to our first family pumpkin patch...Yaay!
Trey was like a little robot repeating the word, "punkink", "PUNKINK". Besides the abundance of pumpkin picture opps, he got to pet some smelly, confused goats, which he calls "boats". I tried to just shut my mind and let him experience them despite their poop-covered noses. As you can see, our attempt to get a posed picture by the pumpkin turned into toddler chaos(Note Trey planning his escape and Abe looking desperate and disheveled, missing sock and all). I'd say the big hit of the day was the hayride...sludging through the mucky muck and getting to see all of the cartoon characters that Trey knows of..."Elmo, Dora, Cookie Monster" etc.... Anyway, it took us a week to get caught up to speed from the trip, which is why it takes me a lifetime to post on here. I won't even go into the monumentally horrendous ordeal of a plane ride. For any of you who haved braved the "friendly skies" with your toddler in tow, you know how trying it can be...I honestly felt like I was drowning and gasping for air for 2 and a half hours. Only this week, did 2 teeth sprout on the bottom of Trey's mouth, explaining the mystifying travel behavior last week. Ok, well, Mike has got the "day-off" itch right now and is hinting loudly that he wants to spend our time away from all things computer, so I'm off for now. Look forward to halloween costume pictures in the future!!



No comments: