Thursday, December 01, 2005

Friday morning in Florida and I finally turned the heat on for the first time today. I guess I felt a little guilty yesterday when the babies woke up with frostbitten toes and noses (Trey hates wearing socks to bed...I have a suspicion that he enjoys running the tag of his cherished blanket through his toes as his nightly ritual...oh the quirks of toddlerdom!)

Lucky Mike is off to Epcot on a school trip today. Originally I was going to meet up with him there, but it all got too complicated to coordinate how Abe was going to get his milk(In case you didn't notice in my earlier chronicles, he really doesn't take the bottle as I'd hoped). So, for this trip, I won't get to enjoy the Epcot delights(mostly I just go for the food in each country...oh and that sweet girl in Japan who makes those bird candles.."a beak, tweet, tweet". I could stand and watch her for minutes!) One day, we will brave the theme parks with kids in tow, but I have no death wish to do that any time soon. Long waits and even longer whining present a mammoth hurdle in my mind.

In the dental frontier of my life, I got 2 fillings yesterday and am still a little sore today. As I lay there in the torture chair looking at the dead bugs in the florescent lights(why don't they clean those! ? As if a patient has trust in you when faced with death...even if it is bugs!?) I thought to myself, "at least those wasps don't have to get a shot in the gums!" Why is it when you have any kind of medical procedure, your children are like honed missles targeting that area? Same thing when I had a c-section...a knee to the incision...and this time, an elbow or headcrash into the exact point of pain in the jaw. Well, I guess all of this dental pain could be to remind me of the pain of cutting teeth. Poor dears don't even know that it will get better. They just assume that life as they know it will continue with tooth pain and endless drool! I suppose I should explain some of the pictures on here. Starting from the top: a classic example of Trey during his day...pantsless(he's found he likes to pull them off now...nonstop fun!), chewing on something(probably chose the flower because he knows he's not supposed to chew on the identical ones we have in baby class at church...classic defiance...like I care if he chews on the one at home without the germs!)while trying to manuever himself into an im possibly tight chair (he is, probably like most toddlers, constantly experimenting with these types of situations, if there is a way to accomplish the seemingly impossible(even if it means bruises and blind will), he is going to do it). Although, I'd like to say that I'm always open to these kinds of learning experiences(by the way, this example is as tame as they come...I won't have the camera out taking pictures when we find that he's cut his tongue with a razor while "brushing his teeth"), I'll have to admit that most of time, I approach the situations with a little more skepicism(as only mothers can, i suppose).
The rest of the pictures are fairly self-explanatory. As you can see, we started the christmas festivities promptly after the annual fatfest(see other family picture around the thanksgiving table). Trey and Abe love(and I mean relish) the christmas lights and decorations. Nothing is better to really enjoy the holidays than to spend it with awe-struck children. There is also a picture of Abe, in sheer playing concentration. Mike and I were just commenting yesterday on how much we love when he is sitting upright...belly full and pooched. The last picture here of him is when he crawled into the kitchen. He likes to find himself in there so that he can kick the cabinets as hard as is possible for a baby (see earlier sentence about babies hurting my sore jaw). Well, for all of you who have suffered through this incredible saga of a blog entry, I applaud you for enduring my meanderings. Ta-Ta!

No comments: