Wednesday, December 07, 2005


May your foot(and unfound hand) rest in peace Batman. Upon discovering Batman(his current beloved object perhaps only second to "key") with a severed-at-the-ankle foot, Trey was somewhat confused..."oh no...baaman...kay, baaman? Kay??" I actually think he found the foot first, which is kind of sick. Being the equal-opportunity mother I fancy myself to be, I don't want him to think Batman is out of commission simply because he has to hobble...I just say, "look, batman can still run! runrunrunrun!" (and then I realize that I truly have become insane so that my children can be sane) This seems to be another one of those life lessons we run accross from time to time...kind of like the time his balloon got away and floated at warp speed into the heavens. He talked about that one for weeks, "oh no...where boon go?" Maybe that kind of loss is the most he's ever experienced...oh the finality of it!!
To this day, when he sees a balloon, he'll mention it, saying, "uh-oh. where boon go?"

I've put a picture on here of Abe and his trusty index finger. A few weeks ago, I noticed him just sitting in his high-chair with it fully extended. It just looks so bizarre to me...like it has a mind of it's own. He's not even really thinking about doing it, but it looks as if he's checking to see where the air currents are headed. All of the resteraunt pictures on here are from Chili's. It's sad when your 22 month old assumes you are going to eat every time you get in the car to go do something. It's even sadder when you pull into the chili's or cracker barrel parking lot and they squeal with delight, saying, "EAT!!!" I'm a good mom in other ways... I promise!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Trey:

I am sure that Robin could help you find Batman's hand. He is a trusty side kick. Maybe the Riddler got it or even the Penguin (ienguin to you).

It is very cold in Virginia. We have snow on the ground and many Snowmen have grown up in peoples front yards.

When are you going to come see us in Virginia again? We could make many snowmen together. And put carrot noses and button eyes on him.

Hi Abe:

I miss seeing your smile. It always makes me happy to see you. I hope you are ready to go to the big city in Illiniois! We will have lots of fun.

I love you both very much.

Granddad

Joel and Suze said...

We have lots of snow in Illinois, too! I can't wait to see you all in just about 2 weeks!! Maybe we can even go sledding for a bit?? We went today and it was fuuunnn!! Love you! Aunt Suze