Friday, January 13, 2006

Now, I'm not a doctor, but I feel I'm living proof that 2 colds can begin in each nostril and marry each other, thus producing a cold that defies previously held expectations. If you are shaking your head, wondering, "how can this be? surely not!!", I'm here to disprove you. All you have to do is look around my house at the discarded tissue boxes and medicine containers to see the battle that's been raging for a week now. Not only has it enlisted my nostrils, but the sweet nostrils of my boys. The sweet peaceful sounds of play are now relpaced by the occasional body-rattling boom of coughing. Mine is starting to subside a bit, but the boys are in the trenches. Poor Poor soldiers. They need their mama more than ever, now.
Mike has started his classes once again. This week has been a really full week for him with his two classes and soccer tryouts at school. We've barely had a chance to see him at all. Thank heavens for Martin Luther King Jr. day on monday! Now our common 2 day weekend has been turned into a 3 day Mikefest(and boy did I need it...the boys too...they are probably sick of just seeing their ol mama comin at em with a tissue! "no! not again! my nose is already raw!")

Trey is really starting to say sentences now. It's funny how they parrot you without really knowing what the syllables are, yet. He will say, "I want orange" or "I want get down". Come to think of it, that is how most of his sentences begin lately("I want"). I suppose that means I will have to start pushing the "please" since it does sound a little pushy...not that he is, he just sounds like it to an outsider.
Abe is super mobile now and bugging Trey to death. It's so funny. I finally understand how Michael(my younger brother) never meant to annoy me when we were little. I used to get so frustrated when he wanted to do whatever I was doing. Likewise, Abe is so curious about everything(especially if Trey is doing it) and is constantly snatching things out of Trey's hands(to which Trey will take it back with a swift "NOT").
Now, you may be wondering why I put the core of a pear as a picture on here, but you would be mistaken. It is not a mere pear core. It is also the ever-famous, ever-knowledgable, ever-helpful "MAP" from the dora show....or at least, so says Trey. It was sitting on the plate the other day and I, the unnoticing adult that I am, was going to discard it. Of course, Trey knew what it was and pointed out to me...so then we had to sing the song.."i'm the map, i'm the map, i'm the map" and so on and so forth (thus cementing me as a complete looney mother).
Well, I hear both the boys awake upstairs now. They have finally adjusted back to our Eastern time zone(much to my dismay). Trey is singing something and Abe has just had enough of his bed. Off for now!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I concur. Cold marriage is possible. Then, once they're married they have children who grow up and move off to start their own families in your chest and sinuses. My kids and I are living proof.