Sunday, August 28, 2005

usual sunday

Sunday's here. I can't believe the weekend is nearing the end. Another week to begin. Mike starts school tomorrow. I'm trying to brace myself for his absence on Monday and Thursday nights. I have to prepare myself mentally for the change after being so spoiled during the summer. That is the only downside...just when I'm used to his schedule of teaching, he's off for a summer and then I get used to having his help...then when I'm used to that, he's back on duty again. Oh well...if that's the worst it is, then we've got it pretty good. Trey had class today. He's learned to put his sweet pudgy toddler hands together and bow his head. When the prayer is done, he says "AHH-MIN". He loves the Bible songs and all the motions that they learn in class. His teacher right now is really good with them. She's got three boys, so she knows how to handle the chaos that comes from a room full of babies. I tried to put Abe in the seat last week and he got really wide-eyed and shaky-lipped...After a few seconds, his mouth turned into an "O" and he let out such a pathetic cry...Now, it could have been that he was ready for a nap...we'll try it again next week. After church, we went to the Brunchery for lunch, which was good except for the part when Trey flung his toy which knocked over a full glass of water onto Sarah...to which he said "UH-OH". It stinks to be the parent in those toddler moments...apologizing and feeling somewhat responsible while your some-what oblivious little one goes on to the next project (while people in the restarunt stare). Most of the time, I'm as oblivious to the stares as Trey is. It's a much better way to live. In your own family bubble. All right. Well, i'm off to wish that it was starting to feel like fall here and make some hot chocolate.

No comments: