Wednesday, August 31, 2005

sweet tooth



  • Sometimes life is just too sweet. I was laying next to Abe this morning after I fed him and I was thinking just this. I could hear his sweet little breathing and smell his perfect rice-cereal warm smell and I just had to keep kissing his soft spiky head. I finally got up and took him to his bed where he promptly rolled to his side so that his little face could feel the softness of his blanket. It's times like these that I realize what all of the legendary baby-intoxication-talk is all about. The feeling that creates a warmth that I've experienced only a few other times. Then there are the times of extreme guilt. Like when I'm blowing a rasberry onto Abe's little belly and I look over in the distance and see Trey standing there with his "key"(a.k.a. blanket, blankey, comforter extrordinaire) with a jealous glazed over look...or when I'm dancing to this little car that makes nintendo-sounding songs with Trey(we turn it on and countdown from three...2...1...DANCE...and then we pretty much run in place) and I look at Abe all alone over on the floor by himself. I know that anyone who's had 2 kids has experienced this unjustified guilt. It just seems so unfair to them sometimes because they are babies and they should have all of the attention. I just hope that in later life, their friendship will more than make up for any jealousy or neglect they may have felt in their formative years. Ah, well. Abe has his 6 month(for those of you who can add, yes, it's a little less than a month late) checkup today. We will finally see how much this sensitive bundle weighs. Whatever it is, it always feels like 100 lbs. after holding him for 10 minutes. And then there's Trey...who feels like 200 lbs. after 5 minutes. How do I not look like a body builder already?

No comments: