Friday, September 02, 2005

the road trip

Amid rising gas prices and possible scarcity, we are planning to forge ahead to Fayetteville, TN. We haven't been there to see them in a shame of a time...I think it's been over a year... they've still never seen Abe and Trey was just starting to roll over the last time we were there. That feels like a million years ago. We'll see how the trip fares. It's always interesting with babies...and now all of this disaster makes things even stickier. I can't help to be overcome with emotions when I see the images of destruction in the gulf coast area. Of course, we feel extremely fortunate that we were spared the hurricane and that we are comfortably in our still-standing houses. It's something that I can't quite fathom. The heat, lack of everything, loss of loved ones, etc. I wish there was something more that I can do besides donations. When something like this happens, you just want to physically help. So anyhow, we are embarking on our journey north tonight after Mike get's done with work. We'll get as far as we can and then stay in any available hotel (hopefully they won't be as scarce as the gas!). Well, I'm off to get the babies up any minute now and begin our day!

No comments: