Monday, September 26, 2005

clean house

I'm lounging here after a day's work. Actually, today went by really fast. One minute I was stuffing Abe's face with some concoction from gerber and the next thing I knew, Trey was getting his teeth brushed and saying "nigh-night"... About this whole babies-learning-how-to-eat thing. It is one of the things I will not miss when I'm looking back later when they are say, 16. It was not any better when Trey was choking down his "trainer puffs". We thought we were crossing the finish line on that goal when along comes Abe in all his sweet ignorance. When I try to give him a bite of these "stage 3" foods, he's gives me this look like, "why is there a chunk in my food? Didn't you properly puree it?" Then he proceeds to not chew it and gag repeatedly on it. Of course, I like to uselessly ask, "okay? okay?" as if he could or would answer me. I can't wait until he can eat STEAK. I forgot to mention earlier that Trey's favorite food is now pancakes. I also forgot to mention that he calls them "k-cakes" just like his dad used to a million years ago. When we went to Mimi's cafe on friday, he got pancakes in the shape of Mickey Mouse and boy did he like em. A symphony of "mmmmm-MMM-MMMmmms". Tonight we went to the mall to play at the "germpit" (phrase is courtesy of Mike's aunt Carol...so true, so true). It was great until this little girl a couple of years older than Trey came up to him and stared him down while saying something really mean. I couldn't really tell what she said, but she got her point across (using her eyebrows in the mean v-shape). I don't think Trey minded too much, but he wasn't resisting the stroller when we finally did leave. I guess there will be a few more instances like this in his future, but I don't want to have to see them(cause I don't want to feel that mother hen instinct kick in where my eyes fill up with boiling blood...yikes!). I'll leave you with that lovely imagery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning from Grandma,

Tell Trey Grandma will make him some Mickey Mouse "k-cakes" with the mold I got while at Disney when his Daddy was a little boy. We could even puree some for Abe!!

We love you and can't wait to see you.

Grandma