Tuesday, September 20, 2005

the plague


It seems we have been inundated with reptiles. This frog has been hanging out(literally) on our back door, waiting for a tasty bug to cross paths with his mouth. As if that weren't enough, we have had a resident lizard in the house for, I think, about a month....that is until yesterday. I was in the bathroom and I noticed Vegas sniffing the door hinge(which isn't unusual...he's constantly sniffing). As I did a double take, I realized there was a lizard pancake, complete with severed tail and blood. Oh, the horror!!! I have no stomach for those kinds of massacres. Needless to say, I made Mike take care of it. When I got up this morning, it was miraculously gone(I'd like to think it was to lizard heaven...). In Trey news, he has a new favorite song. The classic(and repetitive), "oh where, oh where has my little dog gone..." . In a classic Trey way, he has only picked up the first part..."oh wheyr, oh wheyr...". It reminds me of our childhood cockatiel, Sunshine(r.i.p.), when she could only sing the first part of the Andy Griffith whistle. Over and over, we would hear her belt it out while she feverishly bobbed her head. The way Trey sings it isn't exactly like that, but it is so sweet how he tries so hard to make the word "where" sound right. It still kind of sounds stuck in his throat. Abe is now officially on the move. No longer are the days here where he lays on his back and looks around. He has finally got some motivation to roll from hither to yon(a little pre-generational lingo for you). I'll lay him down and the next thing I know, he is on the other side of the room(usually nearing some painful corner of an appliance). In other good Abe news, I think I can say that he is officially sleeping through the night. In correlation with that, I'm having some crazy REM sleep dreams. I forgot what dream world was like! It's so great! Abe's teeth have finally crested the gums, so now it's smooth sailing until the next set come in. Well, as usual, I'm going to end this blogging moment cause Abe's nap is over and he is babbling at me through the monitor...."yaaah, yah, yaaaaahhh-yaaah-yaah.....*rasberry noise*".

No comments: